I Can Be a Mood-Ruiner, Sometimes...

6:10 AM Unknown 0 Comments

My friend who was working in oil and gas industry was in town during her day off, so she called up some of the guys from college for a meet up. We were having dinner when we got into the topic of how the drop of oil price effects the industry (it hits them pretty bad). She said, "I know most people are glad because now oil is cheaper, but for me and people in the industry, we're struggling. I hope the price will go up soon", making a long face. The fact that we were eating in a fancy restaurant in the fancy part of town and she was paying half the bill, and hearing her saying "we're struggling" kinda annoyed me. I couldn't help it, I said, "You know you're working in the wrong industry if when the people are happy you're struggling and when the people are struggling you're happy."
And then there was three seconds of silence.

I regret nothing.



The bigger irony is...I'm working for the same industry.

0 comments: