Book Review: The Hound of The Baskervilles

4:39 AM Unknown 0 Comments

The Hound of the BaskervillesThe Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is what a mystery book should be, fast, thrilling, and delivering the goosebumps effect. It's got the perfect story building and writing style. Arthur managed to put the twist just in the right moment.

Though the absence of Holmes is vast throughout the book, I think Watson did a good job at delivering the story alone. And Holmes, as always, gave a punching finale at the end.

Better than the previous two I've read. I, unintentionally, in my mind compare Holmes to Poirot, in which Holmes seems to always lose for Poirot was the first detective I followed and always been my favorite. But now i'm beginning to give Holmes more attention than I used to, because of this book.


"Evil indeed is the man who has not one woman to mourn him."
                                                                           -Watson

View all my reviews

0 comments: