Louis Theroux

1:31 AM Unknown 1 Comments

Sorry for my absence in the past weeks, i was in a test week and there are several matter in my student organization that needed my attention. But the storm has passed and i finally have time to update the blog.

Now i wanna write about this particular person that caught my attention. He is Louis Theroux. He hosts documentary film about issues in the world, if you are a BBC Knowledge viewer then you should have known him.


My adoration towards him started when i watch this episode of his documentary titled "Return to America's Most Hated Family". The episode was about the Westboro Baptist Church, a group of people that takes Christianity waaay too literally. Since the Iraq war they've become infamous for picketing the dead soldier's funeral as a protest against the America that tolerates homosexuality. They think all the homosexuals should die, and there's no need to conduct funeral for someone they believe is going to hell. Twisted crazy f*cks..





Louis Theroux: Does your bandana says 'Thank God for Cancer?'
Shirley Phelps: Everytime a woman dies for a cancer, or a man, you know men get it too, you call that GodSmack. You see, things are different today then they were when you here four years ago, aren't they?
Louis Theroux: Is it possible that you've become more weird?


Steve Drain: Do you wanna hold a sign? 
Louis Theroux: It's against my ethics. 
Steve Drain: ... Why are you trying to pose a difference between religion and ethics? 
Louis Theroux: Because I don't believe in God.



James Fuller: Do you believe in God?
Louis Theroux: At the risk of sounding trite, life is a mystery. I'm not totally atheistic, but organised religion has no role in my life.


He has a unique interviewing style. Subtle. He doesn't ask hard hitting questions or confront people. He goes in as friendly, unjudgemental and likeable, just playing dumb so people have to explain themselves. What i like about him is that he can keep his mind open no matter how hard he disagree about the matter and he can keep his head cool and calm talking with his opposition. I always wanted to be like that, although i realized i am far from that, I let emotion takes over too soon, closing my mind to what others say, too quick too judge, use sharp words. That's why sometimes i get hated. I look up to Louis because he can do what i cannot.

I really recommend you to watch the documentary,if you haven't. There are ways you can find it free in the internet *cough...piratebay

1 comment:

  1. he once confronted people who keep wild animals as their pets.. haha

    ReplyDelete