Open Your Eyes

11:15 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I'm gonna talk about this one particular thing again, religion.  I know the image of anti-religion and faith-hating   sticks so strong with me, well it's because I am, and I'm not afraid to show it. Some people think that the world's number one problem is AIDS, poverty, oil depletion, drugs, weapons. No, I think the world's biggest problem is religion. And I'm gonna tell you why. And if you are a religious person and when you're reading this first paragraph you're thinking about closing this blog tap and walk away, I beg you, don't. Cause you are my target in my writing, this post would mean nothing if it's read by atheists and rationalists cause I'm sure they're already agree with me. I mean come on, what are you gonna lose anyway? If in the end your thinking is unmoved you're gonna judge me and hate me, then your life goes on and that's it. But you have a chance of understanding my reason and a bigger truth. So please read on.

Let me tell you why religion beliefs is so strong, because they push it into your head when you are still a kid and defenseless. I mean come on, when I'm four I believed in Santa Claus and Power Rangers. I actually believed when I got picked on by some bigger kid a Kamen Rider would come on his bike and save me. Seriously guys, what makes religion so different from what we call fairy tales now? Forbidden fruit, Snow White's poisoned apple? Jonah who lives in a whale, Pinocchio? They are all nonsense stories, then why do you call one a true story and the other a fairy tale? Because adults told you so and they scare you with telling you you'll go to hell if you don't believe it. And you'll grow up with that fear and pass it to your children.

I've had numerous debates in which the other guy, in the brink of losing his ground says "Well, it's my faith..." I put both my hands on my face and like "Ooh don't you 'faith' on me!" Seriously, why are you guys so proud of faith? Faith is believing in something without proof. Meaning, you put something inside your head without thinking. There's nothing to be proud about that. The word faith has been getting the good reputation it doesn't deserve.

And it's funny to me how religious people can be so hypocrite. People thank god when they win an Emmy, or when the club they bet on wins the cup, or when they get good grades, or when they get a promotion. Nobody blame god when they lose. Nobody ask him "What are you doing when I'm in this shit-hole?" or "Where were you when the Holocaust takes place? Sit that one out didn't you?"

Once I discuss about polygamy with my friend, she's a muslim. And like any other educated muslim woman she said "My religion allowed that, so I'm okay with polygamy...as long as it's not me." Really? It's like saying I'm okay with beheading people as long as it's not my head. I'm glad that some part of you disagree with it, I think it is unfair on the female side, but I think you should be consistent about your rage. If you think it's insane then speak up! To say "...as long as it is not me" only prove that you are a selfish apathetic person. If you think it's not right then say it. "Fuck this shit. I quit!". I said that. I used to be Catholic, remember? And not only this issue of polygamy (which I personally don't really care), people being burned alive just because they have different view, arms being cut, wifes being abused, children being raped. You see, there are many wrongs in religion that are being applied in the society today, and we know it's wrong, but we just can't find the guts to blame religion. Because of the mindset that it's sacred, so it's untouchable. Because you fear you're going to burn in hell if you point out it's wrong. Come on, people! Open your eyes!

I have a friend who bragged to me that she found peace in religion and she feels sorry for me cause I won't find that. Well let me tell you this, your peace and comfort that you feel when you pray or when you're in a church or mosque comes with a price. Out there people die over what you preach. People kill each other because of some texts in what you call a holly book. Blood is flowing because this ideology still lives. And you here telling me you feel some peace.

I had been into arguments with some people who said religion is meant for peace, that it was wrongly used by some bad people to do bad things. I was like, are you fucking blind? The reason why those people become bad is the teaching of the religion itself. What makes people become a religion fundamentalists is the fundamentals of religion. Bali bomb, suicide bombings, Arab-Jews war, arranged marriage for minors, abuse to women, gender discrimination, beheading, burning peoples alive, human sacrifices, stabbing a man because he made a bad cartoon. If there is any political agenda behind all that (of course there is), it is all derived from religion ideology. To say that religion is peace...My friend, you are living in a denial. Or you just don't read news that much.

We see a lot of TV commercials, politician's speech, or the elementary text books talking about how multi-religion society living in harmony. It's an illusion. It will never happen. Christians believe people who don't believe in Jesus will never be saved, Muslims believe people who are not Islam are condemned to hell. And it's in their teachings, it's their ideology! It's in the holy books, we can never change that. So if you feel you're living just fine now, it's fake, people have bad thoughts on you and you have bad thoughts on them. No matter you sugar coat it, man, harmony will never existed as long as religion lives.

But I'll give you one thing at least. You religious people are right about one thing. The world is closing to an end. Yes, I think it might happen. But when it does, it's not because your religion had predicted it. It's because human with their religion stupidity destroy each other and the earth along with it. We have nuclear weapons ready to be fired, armies to be sent, bombs to explode, planes to crash, and we give the big decisions to people who would take it without rational thinking, people who believe they're going to heaven if they can kill as many of their enemies they can.

Religion is corrupting the world. Let me tell you why. Because it is so tempting. It gives you answers to questions human beings can never answer. Where do we go after we die? Why are we here on earth? Where's Waldo? Here's my answer: I. Don't. Know. But most people can't accept those three words. That's when religion comes and give them fake answer, and they bought it, because it is comforting to know you're going to someplace after this. Religion gives you fantasy that you can make the world better by praying. You can't. You can't pray away global warming. You can't pray away wars. You can't pray away sickness and poverty. YOU CAN'T. And if a man with a pointy hat or white cap and bearded tells you it all will go away if you routinely pray in church or mosque and pay your retribution, I promise you, it won't.

Yes, I am anti-religion, because I know religion brings more harm than good to the world. The world will only be a better place if the human living in it start using their head and their heart, rationally and morally. And you will not be able to fully do that when you are still blinded by fairy tales. You can find more goodness when your eyes are open.





If I go a while back, like six months ago I know I wouldn't write with this style. You know, I was holding, trying to be more understanding, more open. But then I realize, I couldn't. I have seen so much hypocrisy, I just couldn't hold it back anymore, and then I started typing. This is my blog, this is where I speak my voice. I will not apologize for what I write here.

0 comments: