Typhoon Haiyan

8:16 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Several days ago, Typhoon Haiyan, one of the greatest typhoon ever to strike a populated area, stormed Philippine. The death toll reaches 10,000 , more than 1.9 million people are now homeless, hungry, and sick. 90% of the land are wiped out; houses, schools, hospitals, almost everything where people used to live..gone. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of dead bodies are still yet to be buried.



As I browse the internet for materials to write this post and saw all the pictures, I just thought to myself
"What the fuck is your problem compared to this?"








On the outskirts of Tacloban, which was devastated when Typhoon Haiyan swept through the Philippines, a local parish priest gave the last rites to hundreds of people being buried in a mass grave on Sunday.

There were no loved ones present for the send off, just the emergency workers who bowed their heads in prayer.
-abcnews





I know that not everyone have money to fly there or to make donation to actually help. So what I ask you to do is raise awareness. Search, browse, find out. Talk about it. If you have blog, write it. Just...make so that everyone's thoughts go for these people. Maybe from there things can start to change.

Donation link here - World Food ProgrammeUNICEFRed Cross



Here's a heart-breaking video narrated by UNICEF's Cristopher de Bono reporting on the aftermath of the typhoon. If this doesn't move you, I don't know what will.



What really bugs me is how ignorant people here in my country Indonesia about the tragedy. I mean, we live real close to Philippine but it seems to me only a very small portion of people know about it, let alone care. So I waited for the news show on TV but found no mention at all about this. Dude, I don't know much about journalism but if 10,000 people died in 5 minutes in the same place, I think, yeah it deserves some fucking attention.

0 comments: